Tuesday, 4 February 2014

4 of Swords & 8 of Wands - Tarot Card Combination


Depending on your perspective, the Four of Swords and Eight of Wands in a Tarot spread can either indicate those times when a choice or a decision takes you by surprise … or … when a leap into action is swiftly taken, after a long period of contemplation.

If you're the one looking from the outside in … the decision seems sudden, the action is abrupt and unexpected.   Its out of the blue and possibly out of left field as well.  

“I’ve quit my job and am moving to England” … “when?”... “Thursday” … “WTF, when did you decide this?”… “Yesterday”

This is a rather extreme case, but you can see what I’m talking about.    The point is these developments are unanticipated, sudden, shake things up and lead to something considerably different from that which came before.  

However, looking from the inside out … its an entirely different story.   Things may change fast and seem to be out of the blue; yet in reality it’s a speedy action around something that’s actually been long considered and thought about.

“I’ve quit my job and am moving to England” … “when?”... “Thursday” … “WTF, when did you decide this?”… “Yesterday” … “I made my final decision yesterday … Yes I know it’s sudden … But I’ve been seriously thinking about it for quite some time.   I haven’t been as happy at work because of this, that and the other … and I’ve always wanted to live in another country.   I went there with my family when I was a teenager and really loved it … said to myself I want to live there someday … I’ve got friends and contacts … Now is as good a time as ever because of ABC … and … XYZ“

And so on, and so forth.  

The action only appears sudden, and in truth that final decision to act may very well be.   However, it has come after much thought, consideration and rumblings in the mind (whether that has been on a consciousness level or not).

But is this dramatic turn of events positive, problematic, blessedly brilliant or rash and ill-advised?  

The 4 of Swords and 8 of Wands by themselves don’t actually tell you … because in this particular Tarot combination they’re essentially neutral in their interpretation.   All they represent here is the dynamic – not its quality.   Instead, you need to investigate the rest of your spread.

However, if one or both of these cards are Reversed … still look at the other cards … but you either need to consider reconsidering  or it could show that a little more due diligence is recommended (an ounce of medicine is worth a pound of cure).  

This is because the reversal places greater emphasis on the speed or impulsiveness of the changes and reduces the amount of consideration which has led to them … thereby increasing the possibility of rashness, escapism, change for the sake of change and fantastical or reactionary decisions.   So the person above arrives at Heathrow unprepared ... with no job (and/or no work visa), no contacts, no real idea of where they want to go and nowhere near enough money to tide them over.       

Without a sprinkling of luck … it’s a recipe for disaster … or the makings of a good life lesson.


Until next time … see you soon … Annalynde

 
If you like this post, please share it with your friends … and for more Tarot goodies come on over and visit How to Learn Tarot on Facebook and Twitter.   I’ve created content exclusively for those sites that I think you’ll enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...